Monday, February 18, 2008

When Worlds Come Together

Beautiful faces, a fantastic poster, wonderful hugs and great conversations. Tonight we got to connect with this year’s Ministry Quest group. So many charming young men and women from all over the place who I haven’t seen since I was with them back in August and all the marvelous staff who I haven’t seen since before I left.

I often forget the power of people in my life. They so often speak God to me through their words, hugs, prayers, and just simply standing by my side. I can’t even express how fantastic it was to see so many people that I love all in one room. I feel so refreshed after feeling so alive.

Tonight was like a little taste of home and a huge taste of so much more. Seeing people from home has really set my heart at a whole new level of peace. Seeing someone and being able to give and receive hugs is so incredibly valuable when you’re far from home. There are definitely days when I miss home and days that I wonder what I’m doing here but there are so many more that I’m here and loving where I am and learning so much about community, my world and my God.

No comments: