Monday, February 25, 2008

The People Continue to Pray

Tonight a group from Clearbrook MB invited us to their monthly prayer meeting. They meet at their church and they pray through the prayer guide that MBMSI puts out and they were also praying for us. Luke gave an overview on Trek and then a couple girls nervously gave their testimonies. One lady asked if we could say where we are all from so we stood up, one by one, and ran through what has become a normal routine for us… “My name is Laura Adams, I’m from California, and I’m going to Peru”. But in the middle of my introduction I see a familiar face, a friendly smile, and a beautiful woman waving at me: it was Elizabeth! The dear sweet woman who is praying for me was at the prayer meeting tonight!

We split into groups and divided up the prayer guide but I didn’t get to be in the same group as Elizabeth. I did, however, get to be in the same group as a neighbor of hers. When it was my turn to introduce myself to the small group a woman named Margaret said, “Oh! You’re the one that my neighbor, Elizabeth, is praying for. She has told me so much about you and she is so excited to be praying for you.” Wow… I’m incredibly blessed by a sweet woman who I hardly know.

After the formal prayer time ended I went straight over to talk with Elizabeth. We chatted for a while and I wrote down her address and phone number so that I will be able to keep in touch with her while I’m gone. She is the most marvelous 87 year old woman I have ever met. She loves and trusts Jesus, she has faith for every day and is quick to pray for everything. I’m so blessed to have such a prayer warrior on my side. She told me that she was praying about which trekker to adopt and when she saw me after the service last night she knew I was the one. She has a deep love for me that I don’t really understand. She shared with me how her family came over from Russia when she was quite young and also that she doesn’t have much family around her but she feels so close to me like I could be her daughter. I’m excited to have such a saint praying for me and I’m even more excited to be praying for her.

No comments: