Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When It Rains... It Snows

I think I’m finally beginning to acclimate to the weather here (but that doesn’t make me any less excited to move to a warmer climate). Today was quite the snow, at least according to the Californian. I opened our door this morning and was shocked to see a couple inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling. The snow continued through the morning and some more fell this afternoon. As cold as it was, I have to admit that it was beautiful. It’s just such a testament of God’s love to see such beauty like that. There was a perfect white blanket covering everything… definitely not something I’m used to experiencing. All in all we got about 4 or 5 inches of snow and I managed to escape the day without a snowball fight.

On an entirely different note, tonight was day 2 of our ethnic meals. One of the girls is from South Texas so she made tostadas for dinner tonight. It was a lot like home, so not much to write home about on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your heart is opening to the beauty of snow!!! hurray!