Friday, August 22, 2008

Be Content Where You Are

I think I’ve finally reached a point where I’m ok with being here… I’ve been home for nearly two months. It partially feels like I’ve never left and it partially feels like I’m still a world away. But regardless, I’m in California for now.

I’ve told some stories and shared some photos but it’s impossible to encapsulate such an experience into a couple of hours over coffee. It’s not logical to sit down with someone and pour out everything that has happened.

As I go about my daily life, I am always digging a bit deeper back into Fresno. I have a job. I’m getting involved with a church. I have my own apartment. I’m getting ready to start my last year at FPU. A lot has changed but it’s time to jump back in, even though most days I’d like to be back in Peru.

Before I left North America, I was told that when God captures your heart for a country you will be able to weep for the nation and weep for its people. There are some moments when a Spanish song comes up when my ipod is on shuffle, or when a Peruvian photo scrolls across as my screensaver, or even just a memory that seemed to be forgotten comes back that I can’t help myself but cry.

Especially now the concept of life seasons becomes important. I know that the journey I just walked was not a simple one and I have seen the hand of God in the midst of everything. I pray that this journey isn’t finished. But right now I just need the patience and the contentedness to accept where I am.

1 comment:

Katie Friesen. said...

Yes. I think I understand.

I am always here for your random thoughts and memories. I know how important it is to verbalize them, even if no one else can completely "get it."